Since its inception, Halekulani, Honolulu’s premiere resort, has provided guests with a tropical oasis of luxury, fine cuisine and personalized service. Halekulani, which means “House Befitting Heaven,” reinforced its commitment to offering discerning travelers the highest level of individual attention by opening SpaHalekulani in April, 2003.
Consistently ranked among the world’s best hotels, Halekulani is a member of The Leading Hotels of the World and Okura Hotels & Resorts, two exclusive organizations pursuing service excellence and standards of the highest quality. Travel + Leisure ranked Halekulani as #1 hotel in Oahu and #19 worldwide in 2006; while naming the Vera Wang Suite at Halekulani one of the 50 most romantic destinations in the world. Also in 2006, the three year-old SpaHalekulani was named a “Leading Spa of the World” and the #2 best resort spa in North America by Conde Nast Traveler. In addition, Halekulani’s fine dining restaurant La Mer is Hawaii’s only AAA-Five Diamond Restaurant, holding this esteemed rating for 19-consecutive years, as well as being voted #8 of “America’s Top 100 Hotel Restaurants” by Zagat in 2006. The Leading Hotels of the World, ltd. has bestowed Halekulani with its annual Quality Award, making the Waikiki resort the only Leading Hotel to achieve this prestigious honor in either the United States or Canada.
Luxury 453-room resort situated on five prime oceanfront acres on Waikiki Beach. Comprised of five, low-density buildings ranging in height from two to 17 stories, surrounded by open courtyards and lush gardens.
A luxury, beachfront hotel, Halekulani is a quiet oasis of tranquility and privacy in the midst of Waikiki. Spacious guest rooms (519 square feet) offer separate sitting area with love seat, coffee table and occasional chair; bathrooms have separate glassed-in shower with thermostatic control and Kohler deep soaking tub; tiled private lanais with chaise lounges.
Guest facilities include three restaurants, three cocktail lounges, pool, spa, fitness room, business center, and hospitality suite. In-house laundry and dry cleaning facility, print shop, bakery, florist and five meeting and banquet rooms.
Fully air-conditioned with wall-to-wall carpeting; separate sitting area with a love seat and ottoman. A coffee table; business desk; large lanai; twin or king-sized beds; Kohler deep soaking tub, glassed-in shower, marble basin. Tasteful furnishings and appointments in variations of white with gray and blue accents. Rooms range in size from 519 to 720 square feet with majority offering ocean views.
A select number of rooms have been specifically designed with wider doorways, handrails in the bathrooms, altered bath and closet arrangements to facilitate access for wheelchair occupants.
- 42-inch flat screen television with cable networks
- Sony radio alarm clock/ iPhone or iPod docking station
- Blue Ray disc player
- InnCom unit, which allows guests to control room temperature and lighting, and select chambermaid and porterage services plus in-room dining
- Separate sitting area with love seat, coffee table and ottoman
- Kohler deep-soaking tub and separate glassed-in shower with thermostatic control.
- Complimentary high-speed wireless and ethernet internet connection
- Complimentary telephone service for local calls
- Complimentary daily morning newspaper
- Complimentary in-room safes
- Twice daily maid service
Elegantly furnished suites from 720 to 3,120 square feet. Most suites feature built-in dresser drawers, wet bars, two separate lanais and twin marble washbasins in the bathrooms.
1,620 square feet. Airy corner suite, separate bedroom, bathroom, powder room, living room, wet bar and dining area. Connecting second bedroom available.
1,046 to 1,098 square feet. Bedroom, bathroom, powder room, living room, wet bar and dining area.Connecting second bedroom available in six Diamond Head Ocean View Suites.
The 1,185-square-foot suite is a sophisticated and stylish. Designed by Group 70 International the suite embodies design elements from that of the renowned Halekulani Suite, including the natural-tone color palette with hues of rich purple and deep mahogany woods; a Vera Wang mattress, state-of-the-art technology and artwork by Franco Salmoiraghi. The Executive Luxury Suite features a private entrance foyer, a master bedroom, living room, work area, spacious walk- in closet, full bath, and two private patios with views of Waikiki Beach. Guests indulge in a collection of premiere amenities.
HALEKULANI SUITE (1bdr or 2bdr)
Personally designed by Vera Wang, the 2,135 square foot Halekulani Suite is a one-of-a-kind suite representing the most refined and exclusive pedigrees of taste, style and sophistication. The suite has 24-hour butler service and is adorned throughout with various décor hand-selected from Ms. Wang’s home, gift, bath and accessories collections; including the plush Vera Wang Serta Mattress, as well as rare furnishings from Hawaii, the Pacific and Asia. The dining room, set with classic Vera Wang china and glassware produced exclusively by Wedgwood, accommodates an intimate dinner for two or a gala dinner for six. State-of-the-art SONY electronics, including a 50-inch plasma flat screen television with DVD/CD entertainment center, are found throughout the living and bedroom areas.
ROYAL SUITE (1)
The 4, 066 sq. ft Royal Suite features the ultimate in privacy, luxury and service: two bedrooms, dining room, dressing area, 2.5 bathrooms, kitchen facilities, large wraparound lanai and state-of-art entertainment enhancements including a 50″ Plasma Screen and wireless portable television, personal butler and airport limousine services. The furnishings and accessories are simple and classical, and celebrate the various Pacific and Asian cultures that are a part of today’s Hawaiian community. The color palette is a subdued range of sunset colors that contrast with the brilliant greens and blues of the ocean, sky and landscaping just beyond the balcony.
ORCHID SUITE (1)
The 2,365-square-foot Orchid Suite, the newest lifestyle edition to The Premier Suites at Halekulani, is the embodiment of three key Halekulani elemental values: Wellness (mind, body and spirit), Connoisseur (fine cuisine) and Masterworks (the arts). It celebrates the core spirit and character of Halekulani with a number of exclusive experiences available only to Orchid Suite guests.
- CONCIERGE - Full-service concierge located in main lobby. Concierge offers hotel and general information and can make arrangements for sightseeing, dining, entertainment and recreational activities.
- LAUNDRY AND DRY CLEANING – In-house facility offering same-day cleaning and pressing service, seven days a week.
- SAFE DEPOSIT BOXES - Available at the front desk at no charge.
- SWIMMING POOL - Large 46-by-82 foot heated pool overlooking Waikiki Beach. Spacious deck with lounge chairs, backrests, pool towels and attendants on duty.
- POOL/BEACH CENTER - Center can assist with information on all water activities and Halekulani fitness programs.
Spa Halekulani, an innovative and soothing spa, transports guests on a cultural, emotional and spiritual journey to uncover the mystical cultures of Asia, Hawaii and the South Pacific. The spa, which has been designed by Sylvia Sepielli, renowned designer and operator of Sylvia Planning and Design (SPAd), becomes the quintessential destination for relaxation and discovery in Hawaii.
“SpaHalekulani is the first spa to fully explore the healing traditions of Hawaii’s diverse cultures, especially those from Pacific Islands such as Samoa, Tonga and Tahiti. Many individuals are familiar with the Hawaiian Lomi Lomi massage, but very few people are knowledgeable about the treatments from the South Pacific,” says Sylvia Sepielli. “The spa also accentuates Halekulani’s rich history and reputation for impeccable service by making the spa treatments the hallmark of guests’ experience.”
The spa offers guests a full menu of treatments, massages, body and facial therapies, organic hair and nail care services that are inspired by Hawaii’s diverse heritage. Guests can select from the following three experiences.
- The Elegant Passage, a two and half hour odyssey, includes a massage of your choice (except for Pohaku) with steam shower and a facial. Guests also receive light refreshment on the spa terrace. Price is $390 (service charge is included in price.)
- The Grand Voyage, a four hour journey, includes a massage of your choice (excluding Pohaku), a facial, deluxe manicure and pedicure. Price is $490 (service charge is included in fee.)
- The Heavenly Journey, a four hour or more tour, incorporates a deluxe body treatment, massage of your choice (excluding Pohaku), and a facial. Guests also receive light refreshments on the spa terrace. Price is $640 (service charge is included in fee.)
- Romance Rememberedat SpaHalekulani, Embark on an intimate journey with a loved one. This elite package is designed to spark the bliss of romance. Your spa escape begins with our signature foot pounding ritual, followed by a couple’s massage of your choice and duo custom “Just for You” facials. Unwind in our traditional Japanese furo while savoring complimentary champagne and decadent delights courtesy of our acclaimed Halekulani chefs. Side-by-side spa manicures and pedicures provide the perfect finishing touch to your shared retreat. Our deluxe SpaHalekulani amenity gift will inspire a lifetime of romance. ($1,300 per couple).Guests can also experience an array of massage techniques such as Lomi Lomi, Pohaku, Polynesian Nonu, and Swedish to name a few, at the spa facility or in the privacy of their suites. In addition, the spa presents guests with a signature line of facial and hair care products, as well as treatments featuring fresh island ingredients such as Lavender/Orchid, Papaya/Pineapple, Coconut/Passion and Maile.SpaHalekulani’s design evokes nostalgic feelings of an era long ago. It showcases art and artifacts from Hawaii and South Pacific. It also accentuates architectural elements from Pacific cultures such as the simplified design of a sliding Shoji Japanese door; wooden tropical grasses as window coverings in the Sudari-style; bleached tropical wood from Thailand; bamboo and tumbled stone pebbles from Thailand.
A Heavenly Spa Opens At Halekulani
The spa presents guests with seven relaxation suites, including two tandem suites; one featuring a traditional Japanese Furo and the other, a deluxe shower for two. The suites are fully equipped with regular and / or steam showers, changing areas, personal storage, luxe personal amenities and private restroom facilities. The spa also offers two Murano Spa manicure and pedicure stations, a full service salon featuring Pureology, SpaRitual, Caleel + Hayden’s GloMinerals, Maile Kauai, Bissinger’s Spa Chocolates, Pure Inventions (antioxidant boosts), indoor and outdoor relaxation areas where post treatment refreshments are served, and a premiere retail store featuring spa inspired gifts.
HEALTH AND FITNESS
Hotel fitness consultants offer regularly scheduled power stretch/cardio pump workouts. Co-ed fitness room with state-of-the-art exercise equipment including two Precor programmable treadmills, three Precor recumbent exercise bikes, a fitness cross trainer, Pacific Fitness “Catalina” three-stack multi-station gym and leg press available for hotel guests. Professional in-room massages can be arranged through the concierge. Fitness Center is open daily 6 a.m. – 10 p.m. (Use room key for access.)
DINING AND ENTERTAINMENT
Award-winning restaurant featuring exquisite Neoclassic French cuisine, oceanfront views. Hawaii’s longest-running AAA five diamond restaurant, since 1990. Long-sleeved collared shirt or jacket required for gentlemen. Reservations recommended.
Intimate cocktail lounge offering club-style bar service, with live light jazz and contemporary music nightly (8:30 p.m. to midnight, Sundays – Wednesdays; 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays). No cover charge. Evening resort attire.
Offering views of garden courtyard. Afternoon tea service available daily. Wide selection of international fine teas, coffees including espresso, freshly baked cakes, pastries including scones served with Devonshire cream. Informal/resort attire.
24-hour service offering breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizers, and a complete selection of wines and liquors.
MEETING AND BANQUET FACILITIES
8,500 square feet of indoor meeting and banquet space plus outdoor courtyards and terraces.
4,300 square feet. Pillar less, teak-paneled room that can be divided into two. Seats up to 320 guests for dinner and can accommodate up to 500 guests for receptions.
HAU TERRACE & LANAI
4,933 square feet. Seats up to 120 for banquets and can accommodate up to 360 guests for receptions using spacious lanai, with spectacular views of Diamond Head.
1,928 square feet. Seats up to 100 guests for banquets.
LANAI & COURTYARD
Cocktail receptions for up to 650 guests on our well maintained 6,500 square foot Garden Courtyard.
KIAWE AND KALIA
515 square feet (Kiawe)/621 square feet (Kalia). Located on 2nd floor, private rooms ideal for intimate banquets (24-32 guests) and board of directors meetings.